Pregnant until proven otherwise (written March 16th).

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Well just like that I am pregnant until proven otherwise! On March 16th, we transferred one beautiful embryo into my uterus and now we wait to see if it will stick. I’ll start the recap about one week earlier…

On March 9th I went in to have my lining check to make sure it was thick enough for my embryo transfer. A few weeks earlier I had begun taking estrogen in order to thicken my uterine lining. Let me tell you a little bit about taking estrogen - it makes you feel like you are losing every bit of sense you have. I was crying at the drop of a hat and gaining weight like nobody’s business. My IVF motto was simply: it will all be worth it. I also injected lupron every evening in order to shut down my ovaries, we did not need those having a mind of their own! My lining looked great and my estrogen levels remained stable, we were scheduled for our embryo transfer on March 16th.

The Saturday before my transfer my doctor added three more medications to my protocol. I began taking an antibiotic twice a day to reduce chances of infection. I began taking a steroid once a day to decrease the chances of my body rejecting the embryo. I also began injecting progesterone once a day into the upper outer part of my butt check. The first night I did the progesterone shot was brutal…well the build up was brutal. As soon as I realized my wonderful dear husband would be putting a large needle into my butt cheek, I freaked out. Eventually he did the shot and I didn't even feel it! Remember: it will all be worth it!

March 16th came pretty quickly and needless to say I did not sleep the night before. Micah unfortunately had a class that he could not miss so my mom was going to go with me. Before we left and Micah had class, Micah and I took our first trip to Babies R Us. We decided to buy a little gift for our future baby. We picked out the cutest pack of onesies and had fun looking at all the cute outfits with animals on the bums!

As soon as we got in the car, my mom pulled out a gift that my thoughtful husband had given her to give to me. He wrote me a letter signed “future baby daddy” and a beautiful guardian necklace. Micah has been my rock through this whole process and I can't imagine my children having a better father.

I should preface the rest of the story with before an embryo transfer you have to drink 32 ounces of water within an hour so your bladder is very full. They took us back to the room and checked my bladder to make sure it was full, which it was. She actually let me go pee - just a little bit. They checked my name about 20 times, which I appreciated, and then it was time to transfer the embryo. The procedure is quick and painless. My doctor told us everything went perfect! Afterwards I laid there for 40 minutes, trying not to pee, while my mother kept making me laugh. Its the little things like laughing with my mom about trying not to pee my pants that I want to remember.

As I write this, I am sitting on couch rest and enjoying the two week wait. For these next 13 days, I am pregnant until proven otherwise and enjoying every second!

Say hello to our beautiful 5 day blastocyst!

XO, Emily

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs